Friday, February 24, 2006

5th helping of 3D...BEYBLADE GRIFFOLYON!



Sorry for the long drought of recent posts... I've been crazy busy! I'm back now, and I thought I'd kick out this Maya model I did for BeyBlade's final end credits where you see each of the 2D characters in 3D rotating. BeyBlade was a huge hit for Nelvana, and this model was really fun to do. I had fun doing it and I really think I found a useful way of creating the look of feathers on his chest...instead of modelling it, I used a fractal bump map that I blurred and tweaked, that when applied, looked just like feathers and rendered fast! Anyways....please keep coming back as I will be adding more stuff soon! Thanks to everyone who was asking me when I would post again, you lit the fire beneath my butt!

6 Comments:

Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

My Goodness Bro this is too SWEET I love the whole idea and design, it just so blazing love your work always a treat hope your kool like the breeze take care!!!!!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Hey bro hate to do this but I'm looking for work does your job have any openning that I could apply for please let know I gotta eat and pay rent ya know thanks again take care!!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger kevin micallef said...

Darin..That's awesome..love to see more character models you've done! Looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for posting!

1:05 PM  
Blogger MikeS said...

Great work, Darin. How long does it take you to design and model a character as involved as this?

6:33 AM  
Blogger Steve Daye said...

Wow!
That's all.

1:32 PM  
Blogger BLOGGED ARTERY said...

Hey SMook! this took about 4 days, at about 3 hours a day. The design was already approved on paper, I just had to put it thru Maya. It was a extra hours paying gig, but just a flat rate for the model. I new that it was worth more than what they were paying, so the real challenge was fidning where I could "cheat stuff" so as I wasn't getting the crappy end of the deal. A model like this, should take a lot longer, but since I new it was never going to be rigged or animated, I modelled it with that mindset. Still alotta fun! thanks everyone for the nice commentS!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home