Monday, January 23, 2006

Photoshop Fun - Cartoony tree test...


I woke up yesterday wanting to draw, and thought I'd sketch some tree designs. Dunno why...just felt like doing some tree design tests. Then, after drawing for about 1/2 an hour, I wanted to go more graphic, in terms of style, so I took it to photoshop. I basically treated the tree as a prop. I see Locations designs as basically ' a box with a bunch of prop designs in 'em'! I figure if you can draw props well...then how can you not be a good location designer? I dunno...just my monday morning opinion! Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

I think your quite right in what u said, and these are excellent tree designs. The part like liked was the graphic use of shapes to flush out the designs!!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Steve Daye said...

Even though he never comments on your blog I'm sure Blammo would like these trees... what a jerk.

10:36 AM  
Blogger kevin micallef said...

Cool Designs Darin. I love how graphic they are and yet have subtle detail!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger MikeS said...

I really like some of the treatments you got going here! Very graphic and bold.

And wow, three thousand miles away, and you can still feel Steve's zingers! Ouch!

1:18 PM  
Blogger BLOGGED ARTERY said...

thanks St John street, Kevin, Steve and Smook! I had fun doin it so I thought I'd throw 'er up!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful design!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home