Tuesday, December 13, 2005

World's Greatest Guitarist Series - Eddie Van Halen


Here on the right is another digital illustration in the series I am doing called " The World's Greatest Guitarists". This is of Eddie Van Halen. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a 1998 autograph session. Funny story: Instead of bringing the cd for him to sign, I did this really cartoony caricature of him (drawing on the left). Eddie flipped when he saw it, then asked ME if he could have a copy. I just stood there as the KING of rock guitar asked ME if he could have one of my drawings!! Then Eddie proceeded to stand up, wave his hand, and a Warner Bros. exec in a 3 piece suit immediatley came running over with his business card for me. I will never forget this either...The KING of rock guitar looks at me and says: "Dude...this rocks! I gotta have this...can you send a copy of this drawing to this man here, and then he'll make sure I get it! THANKS MAN!" And then the photographer took our picture together. I was so stunned that in the photo, you can see I'm not even looking at the damn camera!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Daye said...

That caricature kicks dude! Just like Eddie! I have to go listen to some VH now!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Schmiddy said...

haha...great story

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home