Monday, December 12, 2005

World's Greatest Guitarist Series - Billy Gibbons of ZZ TOP


Here is a digital illustration from a series of posters called " The Worlds' Greatest Guitarists". The idea was to pick a main colour that I felt went with the guitarist, a famous quote they have been known for saying, and combine the 2. I have done other famous guitarists and will post them in future. We start with Billy because, as those of you who know me, he is my favourite guitarist and the reason I picked up the guitar way back in 1987. I had the priveledge to personally meet Mr. Gibbons this Nov. 16th and present him with a copy of this design. Upon him seeing it he drawled in a deep texas tone: " Dude...you have GOT ta surrender one of these ta ME!" I will never forget his face when I gave him his copy. Enjoy...

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Daye said...

That's fuckin' cool!

6:59 AM  
Blogger paul said...

i think eddie is better than billy

10:39 AM  
Blogger Steve Daye said...

C'mon people! Billy Gibbons! Who else can make playing and twirling a fuzzy guitar look cool! Everyone else would look just plain ridiculous!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home